Tuesday 15 December 2009

Audience

How did you attract/address your audience?

The audience for my product could be people all from different cultures and backgrounds. There is a stereotype of people who listen to Rock/Metal music, but the truth is it can range from all different ages, genders and ethnicities. My magazine could attract many different ages, as I have names of fairly young bands such as Rage Against the Machine on the cover, to a very mature band like Metallica. When I asked around on what you'd expect to see on the front cover of a rock magazine, the majority said men between 20 and 30. I challenge these conventions and expectations by having a female band on the front cover, and male bands advertised around them.

www.rock-forums.com
www.crf2.com
www.rockforums.net

I found these website while researching my audience. I wanted to find out who I was aiming for, and found that the potential audience is huge. However, people who are truly dedicated to only this kind of music tend to look the part, whereas people who listen this kind of music casually along with other genres may not be expected to listen to this kind of music, based on their appearance and age. I don't think there is any audience in particular that I am looking to aim my magazine at. I want to appeal to young and old, male and female, and different ehtnicities. I think different issues featuring different bands and articles will attract different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment