Wednesday 9 December 2009

Bauer Media Group

I have recently been reading about Media Institutions, and found Bauer Media Group to be successful with music related media in particular. BMG are an international institution, and I want my magazine to be available in other places than just Britain, so I feel I would use a company like this for my magazine if it were to be published. They own Kerrang and Q (Two well known music magazines), and Kerrang has influenced my ideas for my magazine the most, so I feel they will represent my magazine well. Also, even though it is a Rock magazine like Kerrang, it will be more female-orientated, and therefore Kerrang won't be a rival. BMG began in 1875, and originated in Germany. It has been privately owned by the Bauer family for four generations. They recently took over the magazine and radio divisions of the company EMAP, proving they invest well and have a lot of experience and knowledge. They also sell around 38 million magazines weekly worldwide. Although rock bands don't tend to be mainstream, they have a strong fanbase, and I feel a lot of those are girls, and there are no magazines that cater to only females that enjoy this kind of music. I would like it to be an international selling magazine as the fanbase for this genre of music seems to be bigger in America and other places aorund the world. The issue I am creating is about a band from Liverpool, and many British artists tend to be doing well in America in these past few years, also Liverpool is a well known city for music around the world. This media group has offices from Hungary to China to Austria and Romania.

Overall, Bauer Media Group is a well respected, experienced institution that knows a lot about how to distribute and advertise music related media. Therefore, I feel they would be the best choice to publish my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment