Tuesday 15 December 2009

Distribution

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Looking at all the different media groups that produce music magazines, I have come to the decision that Bauer Media Group would be the best option for my magazine. At the moment it distributes two of the biggest music magazines in the world; Q and Kerrang, both of which I believe to be good quality, respectable magazines that stay true to the music they represent. I believe if Bauer were to distribute my magazine, they would advertise it well; possibly linking it with music channels or music radios like they have with both Q and Kerrang. It recently took over the consumer magazine division of EMAP also, proving that it has the money to invest and can save certain media products. They have a very good reputation, they have offices all over the world and have been in business since 1875. Kerrang is very much like my magazine, and I feel they could link my magazine with Kerrang, rather than it being a major rival if another company were to own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment